Hi, have you ever heard of brunch? No? At the FoodieBoys we think it’s going to be absolutely massive.
Brunch is a period of time between breakfast and lunch, thus how it got its clever name – although we’d have prefered leakfast, but sadly we don’t make the rules.
Brunch items often involve muffins, smoked salmon, hollandaise and all sorts of other nonsense.
Is that enough text before we get into the recipe yet? Or do I need to prattle on for a bit longer with SEO rich wording about how my grandmother used to make this recipe back in the war for Winston Churchill?
“What the absolute fuck is that?” I hear you cry.
Thanks for asking, it’s a clever brunch recipe involving hashbrowns and pancetta. Clever.
- Hash browns – as many as you want, depending on how obese you’re feeling.
- White wine
- Cheddar cheese
- Put some hash browns in an oven.
- The second thing you’ll want to do is put a frying pan over some heat, I chose the hob in my kitchen but you’re allowed to use anything with sufficient heat to cook pork – ask your mum. (I’m telling you to ask your mum as she is probably knowledgeable about that sort of thing, it wasn’t a crude joke about your mum and pork)
- I cook the pancetta a bit first so it starts to crisp up.
- Then add some chopped shallots. A shallot is an onion but for people that are better than you.
- Add some garlic, and a splash of white wine if you happen to have a tiny bit of white wine sitting next to the oven (that’s the only reason I added it).
- Add a cock of butter, why not?
- Plate up.
- Put some cheddar cheese on it because we’re all going to die.
- Sprinkle some parsley on top because it’s compulsory to put parsley on everything.